Sunday, January 10, 2010

Not my worst audition

So on Friday I decided to audition for the school musical, The Music Man. The last time I was in that play I was seven, playing Shiloh's trumpet, and hiding my hair under a baseball cap to look like a little boy. The first trouble started when I couldn't print off the two music selections I had paid to download. So when I arrived I asked the directors if I could sing unaccompanied which they agreed to. Ryan said I sounded a little shaky on the first couple words of my ballad (Someone to Watch Over Me in the style of Ella Fitzgerald). I thought it sounded good and the music director looked pleased however, the theater director was on his cell phone the whole time. That was a little disappointing to me. I sang about five seconds of my second song before they stopped me and asked me to read for Marian. The woman they had read for Mrs. Peroo just happened to be my new Relief Society president, which was pretty cool. There was also a part amidst the dialogue where I address Winthrop. It was neat because I just looked at some random little boy in the audience when I read those lines and the little boy came up and actually interacted with me. It was cool. The audition was not my worst but I was a little shaky so I didn't have high hopes, but today I learned that I actually have a call back, so we'll see what tomorrow brings. Have a happy Sabbath!

4 comments:

Jacob and Cami said...

How cool! You'll do great tomorrow.

Darryl and Cindy Cunningham said...

You will do great tomorrow. And I bet the director won't be on the phone either!

Hillary and Jake said...

Yeah! that is awesome, I am so excited for you. break a leg!

Cali and Travis said...

Congrats, let me know how the call back goes. I can promise you, it was better than my last audition!