Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Callback

So I got the email yesterday morning that I was cast as a townsperson. Not too bad considering half the people who auditioned weren't even cast. And The Music Man is one of those shows that has a very strong and involved chorus. We're involved in most of the songs including the fun ones, my personal favorite is the pool table song.
At my callback I read and sang the part of one of the Pick-a-little ladies. At the cast meeting yesterday I realized that all of the girls he cast in those roles seemed to be taller than me and have a bit of a larger stature. At the cast meeting we were asked to stand and introduce ourselves and the part we were playing. I mentioned in my introduction that the last time I was in this play I was 7 or 8 and hiding my hair under a baseball cap to pass as a little boy in the band. They all thought that was pretty funny and congratulated me on the upgrade.
The greatest performance is the one that nobody saw though. Last week I some how managed to injure my right knee and I don't know what I've done all I know is that it hurts really bad. I've been limping around campus, church, and the neighborhood for about five days waiting for it to show signs of improvement (I'm still waiting). Anyway, on Monday I took a deep breath and walked into the callback with a smile on my face and a normal gait despite every excruciating step. No one even suspected. Oh well, those are the things that keep life interesting, to know that you fooled everyone and they didn't even know they were witnessing the greatest acting on stage at the time.

1 comment:

Darryl and Cindy Cunningham said...

I am so proud of you. I can't wait until I can be in the Chorus or a townsperson in this show!! It will be so Fun!!! Congratulations!

Oh....And get some Ice on that knee young lady!