Friday, September 9, 2011

Four Years!

As you well know, Tuesday was our four year anniversary! Well, both of us had to work so we didn't do much celebrating that day, but we did later in the week. There were two things I really wanted to do this year: I wanted to do sealings at the temple and go out for breakfast.
On Wednesday we went to the temple with a handful of family names for the sealing session. The sealer, Brother Mahelona, recognized us from previous sealing sessions and told us he was happy to see us again. It was then I noticed the witness to his left - an elderly gentlemen with a cane wearing the name tag "Roy K. Machado". I gasped silently. I hadn't recognized him but I recognized the name from my marriage certificate. Brother Machado was the man who sealed Ryan and I four years ago. How fortunate that we met up with him that day! I went up to him afterward, introduced myself, shook his hand, and thanked him for his service in the temple. It was a wonderful experience that I will always cherish!
On Thursday we had to go to town for a doctor's appointment so we decided to go to a restaurant recommended to us called Boots & Kimo.

They are said to have the best pancakes on the island. So we bit the bullet and entered the tourist trap (if anyone tells you it's a local hangout they're lying, other than the servers it was all tourists). But I have to admit, the pancakes were pretty gosh darn delicious!

This is the stack of onolicious pancakes with the special macadamia nut sauce. It was sooooooo rich and creamy! It was delicious! The sauce was light and frothy and sweet, but not overpowering. It was good! A sweet ending to our anniversary celebration!

3 comments:

Darryl and Cindy Cunningham said...

Definately have to try some of those pancakes Next time you take me to town.

Cali and Travis said...

Ooooh I'm so onboard with getting pancakes when we come to visit!

swells64 said...

That sauce looks amazing!!! Is there a recipe for that somewhere? I'll have to google it. Happy Anniversary!