Saturday, September 17, 2011

Baby Shower

Friday night my "aunties" had a baby shower for me at the church (FYI: in Hawaii all people older than you are referred to as auntie or uncle regardless of relationship). But before I go into that I have some nice pictures I'd like to show to you...

Some of you may remember the pictures of my first attempt curl my own hair from last year. It was messy, sloppy, took an hour and a half, and still held no curl. I am proud to announce that I have been working at it for a year now and I believe I have made significant improvement. My curlers stay in better, my hair holds curl, and it only takes 20-40 minutes to put all the rollers in my hair. Personal victory!
PS - all the highlights are natural from the Hawaiian sunshine.

35 weeks!

My belly quite literally EXPLODED just in the last 5 DAYS. It's incredible how fast I've outgrown clothes, even some maternity clothes.

These pictures were taken at the beginning of the shower before everyone had arrived. Some ladies dropped off gifts, but were unable to stay. I also got a couple of gifts from the library staff which was very nice of them.

From left to right: Liz Logan, Colleen Logan, Fran Corcoran, me, Paulette Taylor, Shauna Thee, Maren Hancock, Carrie Hancock (who is expecting in February).

The lady sitting next to me in this picture is Sarah Soakai, she is also expecting and is due in December.

This picture makes me laugh because I look like I have a double chin. Hehehehehehe!

Others whose love and support I appreciate (but who managed to stay out of the pictures) are Pii Cocco (the awesome hostess), Paige Nemrow, Hani Niania, Margaret Erdenebat, Jayne Gubler, Lotta Sua, and Kristin Kirk. Mahalo to all of you!

3 comments:

Cali and Travis said...

You finally DO look pregnant! But you still look gorgeous! Can't wait to see you!

Darryl and Cindy Cunningham said...

Great job on your hair and on finally looking pregnant. Looks like a success! Can't wait to see the "Aunties" again!

Jarett and Hannah said...

Oh my lands you are beautiful even with a double chin! I love the belly :D and good job on the hair. I remember trying to help you curl your short hair. Oh so good memories! We miss you both!