Thursday, July 14, 2011

That's a New One

So having a semi-unusual name means people usually call me by the wrong name more often than they use the right one. And it's never spelled right. The number one mistake? Star. In college so many people called me Star I quickly learned to just answer to it. Other common offenders are Skyler, Ty, Summer, Sunny, and even Rain. But tonight at a Turtle Bay party I got a new one that I hadn't heard, one of Ryan's coworkers called me Song the entire night. The jury's still out on whether she forgot my name, she had had a few too many glasses of wine, or a combination of the two.
So good night from your Summer Star Song!

3 comments:

Hillary and Jake said...

you should name your kid that;) J/K

Darryl and Cindy Cunningham said...

I think it is because you look Korean. Right Hillary? Ha, ha!

Well, Song sort of fits you, but not as well as Skye. Maybe Ryan told her of your gifted talent. Have a happy weekend Summer Star Skye Song.

Cali and Travis said...

I kind of like that. You know in a hippie-fried-your-brain-on-drugs sort of way. Summer Star Song.....