Monday, June 20, 2011

Accepted. Again.

I like the fact that I have been accepted to every college I have ever applied to. Now I just need to quit getting bored and graduate. So far here is how the line-up has gone:
Southern Virginia University: Jan 2006 - April 2007 History Major
Augusta State University: May 15th(?) 2008 Anthropology Major (I only attended one day and was promptly asked to leave when problems arose with my financial aid.)
Brigham Young University-Idaho: Jan 2009 - Dec 2009 Political Science Major
Brigham Young University-Hawaii: Jan 2010 - April 2010 Hawaiian Studies Major, Marine Biology Minor
And now I have just been accepted to Regent University in Virginia Beach, VA. I chose this school for several reasons: 1) Their online program is rated #2 in the country. With baby coming, I've decided to try online classes. 2) They're very involved in the political climate of the country. The professors have been seen contributing to major news outlets and every year they host "Clash of the Titans", an awesome debate event that features political heavyweights from both sides of the spectrum. I'm talking household names from news anchors to politicians to celebrities. 3) Turtle Bay is managed by a group called Benchmark Hospitality which conveniently runs a resort adjacent to the Regent campus. Ryan could potentially transfer if we chose to move. 4) If we move from Hawaii, my list of locations had to meet Ryan's standards which are as follows - East of the Mississippi, South of the Mason Dixon, near the ocean, and close enough to his parents to visit, but far enough away to have our own life. 5) Both Ryan and I love Virginia. The history, the geography, the people. And we've never been called f-ing haoles in Virginia.
So my current plan is to be a Government Major with a Criminal Justice Minor, but I'm still undecided. I kind of want to minor in Economics too. Oh well, we'll see how soon I get bored.

4 comments:

Darryl and Cindy Cunningham said...

So, How many credits... aka, what year of college are you in now? How many credits are they letting you transfer?

Darryl and Cindy Cunningham said...

OH... And I am excited for you!

Cali and Travis said...

Congrats! (Again.) ;)

Guffey Family said...

Good for you!!! I hope someday you do get to transfer to VA. Then you'll be closer to us!