Friday, February 5, 2010

Birthday Obituary

Nobody likes you when you're 23.....We're all familiar with the Blink 182 song, but how heartbreakingly accurate they were, no one knew. For the first time in the history of family blogs, no one has paid tribute to my birthday. This is a serious blow and the magnitude of anguish from the inflicted emotional wound cannot be described. Now with the birth of dear little Maggie I'm afraid I shall never be granted the honor of a birthday post again as all will opt to pay tribute to the younger, cuter individual. So it is with heavy heart that I compose this last birthday tribute to myself. I have included some of my favorite photographs for this My Birthday Obituary.
Skye was always beautiful and full of grace, sparking the envy and contempt of all around her.
Though she wanted friends, she always stood alone, a giant in her own realm of greatness.
Until she finally met her equal.
They courted.....
traveled to paradise......
Wielding the sword of virtue and the lasso of justice, they triumphantly defeated the critics who said that it could not be done.
They were no match for their bodacity.
There is no charge for awesomeness...or attractiveness.
They wed in an elaborate ceremony in which all the nobility in the world were present to celebrate (even though they were jealous).
But throughout life they were an ensign of humility.
Her ladies in waiting swore their allegiance; inspired and touched by her beauty, kindness, and compassion.
Where did this picture come from?...Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...
Every young suitor wanted badly to date her. But alas, she had to break many hearts.
Her closeness to nature was that of a fairytale. Like the mystical Snow White, she made friends with the creatures of the wood.
Her strength and physical greatness were made evident by her many victories on the battle field. With the courage of a lion and the fierceness of a dragon, she annihilated evil and wickedness.
Even at the risk of her own life.
No matter the battle wounds that were inflicted upon her person.
She remained true.

8 comments:

Jacob and Cami said...

You're weird!

Darryl and Cindy Cunningham said...

I love this Blog!!! I woke you up at 6:00 this morning to wish you happy Birthday. And I want you to know I thought about making a birthday post to you today but thought that since I didn't make one to Shiloh on her birthday I couldn't very well make one for the rest of my girls. Thanks for doing it for me. Anyway, I don't have any good pics on you on Dad's computer. Love you sweetie! And Happy Happy Birthday!

Hillary and Jake said...

Best Blog post ever. You really are gorgeous! I paid a birthday tribute in my own special way at five in the morning. Do you not remember

Cali and Travis said...

Oh Good Freaking Grief! Get over yourself! I love you and I talked to you yesterday and called and sang happy birthday to you in Dutch! Sheesh! I don't remember ever getting a blog post tribute from any of my sisters for any birthday.

Guffey Family said...

Ok so honoring your birthday by giving birth doesn't count? The only other person I've ever done that for was my husband on his 30th. You are truly special! I love you!

Unknown said...

Gosh Shiloh, you act like 20 hours of labor is hard or something. And Cami, anyone with the last name of Guffey automatically forfeits the right to refer to any other human being as weird. :-P Hehehehehehehehehehehehehe

Unknown said...

PS, how do you say "Calm down!" in Dutchish?

Cali and Travis said...

Stil zijn! (Does that answer your question?)