Friday, November 13, 2009

That's my dad!

The one and only.........

DAD

I really miss the moments. The Pancho Claus, the stale jokes, Armies of Helaman, etc.
Today my visiting teachers came over. I mentioned something about moving here in 1997. Susie Briggs said (amid giggles), "Your dad...I remember the first Sunday your parents spoke right after you moved here. Your dad was talking and he said that he and your mom had seven children because he read an article that every eighth child born in the world is Chinese and he and your mom didn't speak Chinese, so they stopped at seven.I thought that was the funniest thing!" She's laughing recalling this. I've heard that joke so many times. So over in the other chair Laura Schwendiman says, "Oh! I get it now. It all makes sense! When I first moved into the ward your dad and I were talking and he said he only had seven children because he didn't speak Chinese. He didn't go on to explain it though so for years I've wondered what he meant. That makes sense now!" Yep, that's my dad.

1 comment:

Cali and Travis said...

You're kidding! That joke is still kicking around huh? Yep. That's daddy!