Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Can I Help You?

So today was like every other day: busy busy busy. I got home from school as the sun was setting. My cat, Toulouse, was there to greet me at the door. She was rather vocal and wanted me to follow her somewhere, apparently there was someone she wanted me to see. I set my back pack and my lunch box down and went into the courtyard. The light was dim but I could see a lump in the middle of the courtyard floor. Toulouse must have been stressed by it as she was tentatively pawing at it. I yelled at her to leave it alone and went to turn on the lights to confirm what I thought I was seeing. Sure enough, Houdini the aquatic turtle, had left the pond and the atrium and was on the courtyard floor covered in cobwebs. Where she had been no one knows, but that is why she is called Houdini. She appears and disappears like magic. Well, I walked over and looked down at her so impressed and dumfounded all I said was, "Can I help you?"

4 comments:

Hillary and Jake said...

How did the turtle get out of the atrium? was it okay or did it die?

Jacob and Cami said...

Why was it covered in cobwebs?

Darryl and Cindy Cunningham said...

How wierd!! How long ago did you tell me you couldn't find her? I wonder where she had been?

Cali and Travis said...

Did she say in the atrium today or has she pulled another disappearing act?