Wednesday, July 9, 2008

4th of July weekend

I had a feeling that my Independence Day wasn't all that it could have been, but thanks to Jesse's fun post I now know that it was awful. What did my weekend turn over for me? Not a birdie, a parade, or a rodeo. Not even home done fireworks. I got a severe sunburn, a headache, lots of cigarette smoke in my face, and pink eye. In both eyes I might add. As a result I can't wear contacts and have no glasses and am pretty much blind. Just ask my family.
I think I won this year's Worst Holiday Award. It ties with the winners of the 2006 award who spent all of Christmas day and half the night hugging the toilet bowl. Hence we moved our celebration to the 26th of December.

4 comments:

Guffey Family said...

may I ask where you were for the sunburn and cigarette smoke?

Darryl and Cindy Cunningham said...

Yes, I want to know that too. Sorry it wasn't all you wanted it to be.

Cathy Shields said...

I too am curious. You can't just say something like that and leave it.

Unknown said...

We were in downtown Augusta for the evening and there were way too many people crammed into a small space. Apparently they don't have the anti-public smoking laws that some states have because everyone and their dog was smoking. My father-in-law's asthma didn't appreciate it either. It was bad.