Thursday, July 24, 2008

Carthage

So this is our trip to Carthage. This site is also the only time our camera batteries worked.



First I ran into Sister Kaylee Ahrendsen. We both went to Madison High School.

This is Gideon's duck bottom outfit my mother-in-law bought him.

Me and Gideon. Don't ask me about the face, I really don't know.

Here's the family touring the jail.

The rest of the family in jail. I always knew we'd end up there one way or another. ;-)

Everyone in the dungeon room upstairs.


The windows in the dungeon room. So the whole half open eyes thing works for Marlene Dietrich but not for me. Just kidding, I blinked.

This is the window the Prophet Joseph fell from.

Odie Podie puddin' and pie!

This is the original door (if the bullet holes didn't give it away). It's like Cali said, you almost don't feel right smiling in these pictures given the location and circumstances, but even though two men of the Lord were murdered here, it's not a sad place.

Jonas and Jason by the well.

Ryan and me!

4 comments:

Cali and Travis said...

Will you email me your pictures please? Thanks so much! Love you!

Darryl and Cindy Cunningham said...

You and Ryan are so cute! Love you!

Studio 7 Interior Design, Kristen Rockwood said...

Hey! So, we're setting our blog to private soon, and wanted your email address so I can send you an invite! Leave a comment on my post "Going Private" w/ your email address! Thanks!! :-)

Cara said...

Hey guys,

Great pictures. I love going to places where such amazing church history took place. The spirit is so strong. I want to take my family to Carthage someday.