Monday, June 8, 2009

Sea World

Sea World! So much fun! Here's some pretty pink flamingos!
Here are Jacob and Lily trying not to disturb the "kraken eggs". They're actually glass orbs that glow in different colors and have eels in them. Sweet!
Lily!!!!
Lily and Jacob and... the Kraken! That was a really fun roller coaster!
Sorry birthday girl, you're too small!
Ryan and his funny face.
Birthday kisses.
Elmo and Abby's Treasure Hunt. Sesame street is weird. Maybe that's just because I've never seen it before.

For Kelly.
And that's why they call it a stud. The Budweiser horses are HUGE!

These birds hang out around the eating areas to eat the scraps people leave behind.
Cody and his scenic pose.

And Lily and Ryan join the picture.

Pretty scenery. Daddy was on the bridge but he left as I took the picture.

The oh so cool Shamu-mobile; complete with tail fluke and dorsel fin!
Ryan in the Wild Arctic exhibit. We went on a simulated helicopter ride.

Which way which way?
Shamu's stadium. I guess the video I took of Shamu actually performing didn't save. Sad.

Here's the crowd 15 minutes before the show started. Shamu is a huge celebrity! The place was packed! And we learned he even has his own dance move.

Me outside of the turtle pond.

We named this turtle after mom because its missing a limb. And it's a survivor.

This underwater viewing area had two kids in it when we walked up. Cody and I realized it was not meant to hold two adults.
Eww it's a scary fish. I'd throw it back!

Oh my goodness! The manatees are huge! They were so much larger than I had imagined! I thought these bronze statues were lying, but they weren't. They say their closest relative is the elephant, they are elephants! Just with fins.
And here come Clyde and Seymour to take over pirate island!

4 comments:

Darryl and Cindy Cunningham said...

Yea!!!!! I loved Seaworld!!!!

Jacob and Cami said...

Let's go back again! I'm glad you got a picture of Lily in the Roller Coaster Seat, I meant to, but never did.

Stephen and Angeline said...

Looks like a lot of fun! Some day we'll go to Sea World! Thanks for keeping us updated! It's great to see you guys are doing so well!

Kelly and Jesse said...

Looks like so much fun!! I wish we could have been there.