Monday, August 15, 2011

The improbable (but seemingly less impossible) dream

Earlier this year I found out two of my sisters were going to have babies. It was rumored then that my mom had expressed a dream or wish to see all of her daughters (except Cali, she has announced that her family is complete) have babies within a year. Ha! Impossible, I said. I laughed her off so fast! Ryan and I weren't even thinking about kids. I had just managed to get hired on after assuring my boss that I was not going to start a family for at least another year. I had posted online that I was not ready, eager, or otherwise willing to have a baby any time soon. Fast forward six weeks when I find out (surprise!) I'm eight weeks pregnant. So that's 3/5, I start to think this dream my mom has just might be possible. Now with the most recent announcement of the Guffey family, that's 4/5. This crazy dream of my mom's seems to be slowly turning into a reality.
So Hillary and Jake, anything you care to mention at this point?

5 comments:

Hillary and Jake said...

Not a thing. I assure you it's not for a lack of trying.

Kelly and Jesse said...

It's not hard to have that dream when you have so many girls back to back. It is pretty much a given at some point in time.

Guffey Family said...

well this is the last for us so it's actually a very short window of time

Cali and Travis said...

Not to worry Hillary will have plenty of time to catch up! ;)

Darryl and Cindy Cunningham said...

To Dream....... ahhhh!